Multi-Media Production Assistant
Posted on 2017-05-23
By SC Broadcasters Association
This position will be responsible for working with the Digital Media Project Manager to gather/transfer existing media assets and encode/transcode video assets for the pre K-12 award-winning Knowitall.org website. This position works directly with organizing the content and needs to be able to independently research/apply metadata to assets to fit into existing taxonomies. The position will also include writing SEO-friendly descriptions and entering data into Knowitall.orgs web content management system. Social media and blog postings to the South Carolina education community are also possible tasks. This position will be working on time-sensitive projects and must be able to deliver according to project deadlines.
- Strong writing skills with an understanding of search engine optimization (SEO);
Strong research and organization skills;
- Experience with Camtasia, Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere for encoding, transcoding or editing segments;
- Demonstrates expertise with MS Word and MS Excel (or Google Applications like Google Docs or Google Sheets);
- Working knowledge of web content management systems (Drupal);
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.
A high school diploma and experience or additional education in the production or specialty areas of production of radio or television programs.
A bachelors degree in Media Arts, Film or Media Studies, History, Information Science or a related field and practical experience within a related internship or other professional opportunity.
HOW TO APPLY:
This is a Temporary/Parttime position (28 hours per week maximum). The position is not eligible for leave or insurance benefits.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE OBTAINED AND FILED ONLINE AT:
1041 George Rogers Boulevard
Columbia, SC 29201
MULTIMEDIA PRODUCTION ASSISTANT AM
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer