Technical Media Producer/Director
Posted on 2017-05-15
By WSAZ, WQCW, ESAZ WSAZ-TV
WSAZ is looking for a full-time Technical Media Producer who can direct our newscasts giving us a strong product and manage our on-air elements in our Media Control Center. We want someone who can thrive in a fast-paced, highly competitive work environment. This person must be excellent in problem solving, possess strong leadership and organizational skills and be able to perform well under pressure. The ideal candidate must be a team player that can learn at a fast pace and communicate well with co-workers. The candidate will also be required to edit daily topical promos for programming.
- Direct newscasts following WSAZ guidelines
- Work with news producers to determine best use of graphics and coordination of live shots that will complement the stories included in each newscast
- Maintain a positive work environment through active team participation
Develop good judgment and decision making skills by consistent training and skill development
- Maintain ability to listen to requests and ideas, determine needs and develop realistic plans
- Must meet deadlines
- Required to participate in future planning
- Direct live and pre-recorded productions as assigned and monitor all on-air streams for WSAZ/MyZ/CW
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Skill with Ross Overdrive automation, production video switcher, master control video switcher, Harris automation and support equipment in Production/Master Control is preferred or similar automation
- Broadcast MCR experience preferred
- Must be able to work flexible days and hours, holidays
Ability to handle moderate to high stress and deadline pressure
Two years experience preferred
- Must possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written
HOW TO APPLY:
Send reel and resume to:
Jeff Perry - Operations Manager
645 5TH Ave.
Huntington, WV 25701
No phone calls please.
GRAY TELEVISION PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Gray Television is an equal opportunity employer.
Gray Television Broadcasting (NYSE: GTN) is a diversified media corporation. Well-Known for its creative culture as for its operations, Gray employs people who are aggressive, knowledgeable and deeply committed to the communities in which we operate. Because employees are the key to our success, Gray offers strong benefits and incentives, including health, vision, dental and life insurance, profit sharing, discount stock purchase plans and a 401(K) contribution plan. For more information about Gray and the markets in which we operate, see our website at http://www.gray.tv
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer