Master Control Operator
Posted on 2017-05-05
By CareerPage CareerPage
WXIN/WTTV a Tribune Broadcasting station has an opening for a Master Control Operator to work in our Indianapolis Regional Operating Center.
The Master Control Operator performs a variety of tasks related to the preparation of material for on-air playback via an automation system, supporting a 24/7 TV broadcast company.
- Monitor the automation system for proper event execution; accurately check every aspect of each log in the automation system
- Prepare syndicated programming
- Run commercial breaks during newscasts, as well as high value network and sports programming
- Verifies material airing via the program log; researches and contacts appropriate source for missing material
- Keep all stations in compliance with FCC rules and regulations governing television broadcasters including EAS requirements, closed captioning logs and compliance with the FCC Children’s Television Act
- Monitors transmitters and tower lights under the FCC regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelors’ degree in telecommunications preferred; equivalent experience required
- 1-2 years’ experience in Master Control required
- Experience in a master control HUB preferred
- Knowledge of automation systems preferred
- Ability to use IT-based equipment in a broadcast environment
- Knowledge of satellite spot delivery systems preferred
- Familiarity with server playback and recording
- Must be able to work independently and have the ability to problem-solve
- Must be able to work under deadlines and have the ability to multi-task
- Must be able to work flexible schedule including nights, holidays and weekends
- Must be willing to submit to a background
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S.
HOW TO APPLY:
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approximately 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 32% interest in CareerBuilder, LLC and a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel. For more information please visit www.tribunemedia.com.
WXIN/WTTV is an equal opportunity employer.
For consideration please apply to www.tribunemediacareers.com
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer