Master Control Operator FT & PT Positions
Posted on 2017-04-24
By Nexstar Broadcasting-WMBD-TV/WYZZ
The Master Control Operator is responsible for the overall on-air look of the television station through airing programming and scheduled station breaks.
· Updates and maintains signal control systems.
· Maintains programming logs as required by station management.
· Segments content and clips to the server and then trims and modifies it.
· Prints traffic logs and appends logs to the data management system.
· Monitors strength, clarity and reliability of incoming and outgoing signals and adjusts equipment as necessary to maintain quality broadcasts.
· Selects sources from which programming will be received, or through which programming will be transmitted.
· Reports equipment problems and ensures that repairs are made, and makes emergency repairs to equipment when necessary and possible.
· Ensures the stations compliance with Emergency Alert System requirements.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
· Fluency in English.
· Part Time positions
· Full Time positions available
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
· Minimum three years experience with digital electronics systems in a television broadcasting environment.
· Experience with digital transmitters and other broadcast-related equipment.
· Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you have what it takes…please apply online at www.ciproud.com/work-for-us . EEO M/F
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer