ASSISTANT CHIEF ENGINEER
Posted on 2017-03-17
By WTIC-FM, WRCH-FM, WZMX-FM, WTIC-AM CBS Radio
- Maintain integrity of on-air product for 100% reliability of on-air product when assigned; must be on call 24/7 to aid in emergency issues.
- Maintain, troubleshoot & repair an entire broadcast technical plant, equipment and systems.
- Install technical equipment & systems at studio, transmitter, STL, in company vehicles, remotes, promotions and at two-way sites in keeping with good engineering practice.
- Document, using a computerized database, word processor & drawing program, plus manual drafting; equipment & wiring of systems & equipment.
- Assist in planning & development of all aspects of AM & FM radio technical facilities, including telephone, satellite, STL, two-way systems and vehicles, computers and networks.
- Support station & field operations, as necessary, especially during major studio & field efforts involving complex technical operations.
- Create instructional materials and train others on proper operation of new technical equipment.
- Perform facility & vehicle industrial health & safety inspections under direction of the Chief Engineer/Industrial Health & Safety Officer.
- Some supervisorial duties will be required.
- Back up Chief Engineer as necessary for weekly review of logs for correct and complete entries, EAS tests and tower lighting requirements.
- Specifies orders and coordinates common carrier phone services as part of field operations.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned
2 years experience in broadcast facilities with minimum 2 years Associates degree in electronics or 5 years hands-on maintenance experience with AM and/or FM analog and HD transmission systems, two-way, STL & studio audio at a professional radio or television facility. Basic knowledge of personal computers is a must. Knowledge of digital audio, AudioVault and logic techniques & systems is highly desirable. SBE Certification preferred; knowledge of CAD systems & techniques desirable. Valid state driver’s license for operation of company vehicles is required. Personal vehicle is required for 24hr. response for emergencies. Management experience and/or training desirable: excellent customer service skills are required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer