Posted on 2017-03-17
By KTVX/KUCW Nexstar
Salt Lake City, UT
The FT Broadcast Engineer operates, maintains, updates and repairs hardware and systems used for broadcasting and business operations.
• Maintains all broadcast technology and equipment for the station.
• Installs and tests new systems and technical infrastructure for the station.
• Minimizes service interruptions at times of equipment and/or system failure by rapidly identifying and implementing solutions.
• Sets up and operates equipment and transmission links during outside broadcasts.
• Installs and maintains the IT network, switches, data backups, work stations and printers.
• Interprets and implements instructions and requests from other station personnel.
• Communicates with members of the engineering team and other teams to effectively resolve equipment and system issues.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record.
• Minimum three years experience with digital electronics systems in a television broadcasting environment.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Strong PC/MS Office experience.
• Experience with fiber connectivity, production setups, A/V routing and patching, audio equipment, graphics systems and editing systems.
• Experience with digital transmitters, microwave equipment, and other broadcast-related equipment.
• Significant experience evaluating, selecting, installing, servicing and maintaining broadcasting industry equipment and information technology systems.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Broadcast Engineer must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Multimedia Journalist must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply for Job at: https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYEE
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WE ARE NOT ABLE TO ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPTS OF APPLICATIONS; WE WILL CONTACT YOU IF YOUR APPLICATION IS CHOSEN.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer