Assistant Business Manager
Posted on 2017-02-21
By WHAM-TV Sinclair Broadcast Group
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WUHF is looking for a talented Assistant Business Manager. In this role, you will assist with financial reporting and general accounting functions of the station and ensure that all documentation complies with Sarbanes-Oxley, company regulations and GAAP reporting guidelines.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to general ledger, fixed assets, financial statements etc.
- Preparation of month end journal entries, financial statements, forecast, reports, variance analysis, commissions, trade etc.
- Reviews balance sheet, profit and loss statements, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected financial position of organization for managers
- Coordinates implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures
- Interaction with other organizational managers in preparing budgets, forecasts and financial information
- Managing the trade process of preparing trade contracts and issuing trade within specified guidelines to appropriate staff
- General accounting office duties and projects assigned by Business Manager, General Manager, Regional Controller or Corporate office
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience with strong organizational skills and self-motivated. Excellent analytical, problem solving and multi-tasking skills required
- Working knowledge of internal control procedures and general ledger
- Must be results oriented with strong accounting and financial skills
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience with Oracle and OSI a plus
- Ability to work in a team environment with various levels of staff
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in the broadcast industry a plus
HOW TO APPLY:
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. Please apply online by going to: http://sbgi.net/sbgi-careers/
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER