Posted on 2017-02-01
By CareerPage CareerPage
WTIC-AM has an immediate opening for a Engineer.
Job Description/Requisition Details:
- Maintain integrity of on-air product for 100% reliability of on-air product when assigned; must be on call 24/7 to aid in emergency issues.
- Maintain, troubleshoot & repair an entire broadcast technical plant, equipment and systems.
- Install technical equipment & systems at studio, transmitter, STL, in company vehicles, remotes, promotions and at two-way sites in keeping with good engineering practice.
- Document, using a computerized database, word processor & drawing program, plus manual drafting; equipment & wiring of systems & equipment.
- Assist in planning & development of all aspects of AM & FM radio technical facilities, including telephone, satellite, STL, two-way systems and vehicles, computers and networks.
- Support station & field operations, as necessary, especially during major studio & field efforts involving complex technical operations.
- Create instructional materials and train others on proper operation of new technical equipment.
- Perform facility & vehicle industrial health & safety inspections under direction of the Chief Engineer/Industrial Health & Safety Officer.
- Some supervisorial duties will be required.
- Back up Chief Engineer as necessary for weekly review of logs for correct and complete entries, EAS tests and tower lighting requirements.
- Specifies orders and coordinates common carrier phone services as part of field operations.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned
Qualifications: 2 years experience in broadcast facilities with minimum 2 years Associates degree in electronics or 5 years hands-on maintenance experience with AM and/or FM analog and HD transmission systems, two-way, STL & studio audio at a professional radio or television facility. Basic knowledge of personal computers is a must. Knowledge of digital audio, AudioVault and logic techniques & systems is highly desirable. SBE Certification preferred; knowledge of CAD systems & techniques desirable. Valid state driver’s license for operation of company vehicles is required. Personal vehicle is required for 24hr. response for emergencies. Management experience and/or training desirable: excellent customer service skills are required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please have interested candidates visit our web site at https://cbs.avature.net/cbscorpcareers/JobDetail?id=7707 to apply.
Consistent with our equal opportunity program, we request that you advise us of any candidate, including disabled persons, minorities or women, you believe may be qualified for this position and advise interested parties to apply as indicated.
WTIC-AM is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.