Native Content Digital Beat Journalis, Req. #12348
By KNXV-TV Scripps TV Station
ABC15 Arizona is looking for a Native Content Digital Journalist to create engaging video, web scripts and social media posts for station partners and clients. The role requires an innovative thinker who can partner with departments from around the station to create highly compelling content that drives both audience engagement and client brand awareness. The right candidate will be able to consistently leverage the ABC15 Taking Action brand -- along with the stations editorial standards -- to further client messaging needs. He or she will conceptualize/produce, write, photograph and edit videos for web, mobile and social platforms as well as develop and execute native content campaign proposals. The role will also include creating content with many layers, including on-demand video, live video, articles, social media posts and more.
The E.W. Scripps Company serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. Scripps is one of the nations largest independent TV station owners, with 33 television stations in 24 markets and a reach of nearly one in five U.S. households. It also owns 34 radio stations in eight markets. Scripps also runs an expanding collection of local and national digital journalism and information businesses, including podcast industry leader Midroll Media, over-the-top video news service Newsy and weather app developer WeatherSphere. Scripps also produces television shows including The List and The Now, runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and serves as the long-time steward of the nations largest, most successful and longest-running educational program, the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their own way."
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
The Perks at ABC15:
- A #thinkDIFFERENT culture that values new ideas, and actually acts on them.
- One of the most beautiful TV station buildings youll ever work within!
- Voted BEST news website and BEST evening newscast in the Valley. We love to win, but we dont brag (too much).
- A place where your work gets seen and interacted with by millions of people each and every month.
- 300 sunny days each year, along with the best "winter" youll ever experience!
- A culture that values leaders at every level and puts a premium on promoting from within.
- Generous paid time-off policies that start from day one.
- A commitment to YOUR health that includes full benefits and annual wellness incentives.
- A place where you can feel proud of where you work, knowing the stations commitment is to take action for our community and make Arizona a better place to live.
- Must be a creative writer with a preferred journalism background who is able to work on sponsored content development the majority of time.
- Experience in video/still photo editing required.
- Working knowledge of After Effects/Motion and composting tools required.
- Knowledgeable about the major social media platforms and how they differ from one another.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize to deliver content on strict deadlines.
- Need to have strong interpersonal skills to foster meaningful client relationships.
- Social media engagement including Instagram posts.
- Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills.
- Proficient at posting content to various websites.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Education and Experience/Certifications:
Four year college degree preferred.
Minimum of 2 years experience in journalism, marketing, social media, sales or production.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please visit us at External Career Center: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1060841&d=External and search for requisition #12348
Please include a link to your work.
TELEVISION STATION KNXV ABC 15 IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER