Senior Multimedia Producer, Req. #12512
By KNXV-TV Scripps TV Station
KNXV-TV ABC15, the ABC affiliate in Phoenix, Arizona has an immediate opening for a creative, motivated writer/editor/producer to join our award-winning multi-media creative services team. We are looking for a senior level top-notch producer who can create multi-platform marketing that appeals to both traditional and new media audiences. Medium to large TV market experience is preferred and strong writing skills are a big plus. The Senior Creative Services Producer is responsible for executing the development of the departments strategic production and branding plan. The candidate will write, shoot and edit promotional campaigns, topicals, proof of performance and station sponsorship campaigns. Candidate will work with Director of Creative Services on execution of strategy and brand direction.
The Perks at ABC15:
- A #thinkDIFFERENT culture that values new ideas and actually acts on them.
- One of the most beautiful TV station buildings youll ever work within!
- Voted BEST news website and BEST evening newscast in the Valley. We love to win, but we dont brag (too much).
- A place where your work gets seen and interacted with by millions of people each and every month.
- 300 sunny days a year, along with the best "winter" youll ever experience!
- A culture that values leaders at every level and puts a premium on promoting from within.
- Generous paid time-off policies that start from day one.
- A commitment to YOUR health that includes full benefits and annual wellness incentives.
- A place where you can feel proud of where you work, knowing the stations commitment is to take action for our community and make Arizona a better place to live.
- Responsible for writing and producing on-air promotions, proof of performance and Sales sponsorship spots for ABC15, abc15.com and the ABC15 social media channels.
- Conceptualize, write, shoot and edit promos including daily topicals, image, programming, web and special projects to help expand viewership and ratings.
- Works closely with news/sales team, creative services producers and leadership staff on social media development and promotional script ideas.
- Shoot video elements for news, programming and social media spots using the latest HD equipment and techniques.
- Design and create motion and still graphics for on-air, web and print.
- Functions as the chief producer of station image campaigns, investigative promos and sales/community initiatives. This includes development of concept, copywriting, shooting and spot production.
- Serves as lead producer on sweeps promo production, including working with other staff to develop and execute promotion for all digital platforms.
- Attends news and sales meetings as needed to discuss all campaign direction and implementation.
- Will interpret research projects to maximize and target specific viewer demographics and key strategic goals in all promotions/marketing.
- Will be a key liaison between news and sales to create a positive, effective relationship between departments.
- Work in a fast-paced, deadline driven and creative environment.
- Be a team player who takes initiative to further the stations brand.
- Assist in promotional events which could include nights and/or weekends
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned by station leadership.
- At least five to eight (5-8) years of professional broadcast marketing/promotion/creative services experience required.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of post-production television editing, with emphasis in Final Cut Pro X, the Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop and After Effects.
- Experience shooting traditional HD and DSLR cameras.
- Must be able to interpret research and write compelling promotional copy to recruit and retain viewership. Must also be able to write copy for clients to generate product/service sales.
- Must have excellent communication skills including a sensitivity and awareness of national and international issues and be able to work well with others.
- Must demonstrate openness and capacity to seek new opportunities and adopt new ways of doing things.
- Must be able to work nights and/or weekends as needed. Schedule is subject to change.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines, prioritize and multi-task.
- Strong ability to write conversationally.
- Must have direct knowledge and hands-on experience with social media platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to strive for results while maintaining good relations with internal and external customers.
- Must have outstanding skills in time management and setting priorities.
- Must be able to function effectively in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Must be deadline-oriented.
- Valid drivers license, good driving record and proof of insurance required.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds as necessary.
* Bachelors degree in mass communications or related field preferred or equivalent experience.
If you have a link to your recent work, please cut and paste your link into your profile.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please visit us at our External Career Center: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1060841&d=External and search for requisition #12512
TELEVISION STATION KNXV ABC 15 IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER