Posted on 2017-01-09
By SC Broadcasters Association
WIS Television is seeking a Broadcasting Information Technologies Engineer. Our Engineers work in a fast-paced operations environment supporting out TV Operations. The job involves installation, support and troubleshooting of transmission, broadcast, automation, and IT technologies.
Daily Hire Responsibilities include ( and are not limited to):
- Installation, troubleshooting and support of Control Room and Studio Systems e.g. Automation, Switcher, Audio, Cameras, Multi-viewer, Etc.
- Installation, troubleshooting and support of on-air systems: Solid State Transmitter, ATSC for Over The Air and Cable providers, MPEG Encoding, PSIP and associated distribution technologies.
-Troubleshooting and support of associated broadcast networking technology, internetworking, TCP/IP, Multicast, UDP networks etc.
- Strong Computer Client/Server skills/MS Windows.
- Communicated with he production and operations staff to understand/ discuss equipment problems in order to effectively troubleshoot.
- Proficient with documentation and interpreting system diagrams.
- Logging of all equipment problems. Effective communication of issues to coworkers, management and vendors.
- Adhering to Broadcast standards and best practices.
- Support Special Events as required.
-Degree in Electronic Engineering and/ or equivalent 6 years industry experience.
-SBE Certificate or equivalent preferred.
- Equivalent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in a "live" broadcast environment.
- Solid understanding of requirements of a 24/7 live news operation.
-Must be well-organized and self- motivated
- Valid drivers license; ability to lift 50 lbs or more; ability to climb ladders and work on elevated surfaces.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicant must have good organizational and communicational skills. SBE Certificate or equivalent preferred. Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your cover letter and resume. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.