PM Drive Air Personality - KJMY
Posted on 2016-12-07
By KODJ, KJMY, KZHT, KAAZ, KNRS
Salt Lake City, UT
Creates, produces and announces topics on the radio, including music, entertainment, politics, news, weather, sports, traffic and other topics of interest. Engage with listeners on air, online and via social media.
- Announces radio playlist of musical selections; gives weather and traffic conditions; delivers sport scores, statistics and upcoming game information.
- Comments on music and other matters of interest to audience (e.g. time, weather, traffic conditions) and may interview musical personalities and members of listening audience.
- Typically specializes in one type of music (e.g. classical, pop, rock, country and western, etc.).
- Writes, reviews and/or edits topical items, introductions, public service announcements, commercials, pre-recorded reports, contests, etc.
- Participates in promotional events.
- May be responsible for operating control board for studios and remote programming.
- May directly sell advertising space to advertisers.
- Regulates program timing, operates syndicated programming, and plays commercials.
- Monitors the technical quality and accuracy of incoming and outgoing on-air programming from master control room.
- Protects station’s license by censoring live programs and deleting words/phrases not permitted on air.
- Processes time-out programming for accurate play back.
- Checks studio equipment for proper functioning and notifies Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast.
- Handles emergency inserts (e.g. news updates and breaking stories, emergencies, alert system tests, etc.).
- Socially informed and perceptive; up-to-date and in tune with the local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of topics/events related to on-air discussions
- Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
- Well-rounded communication skills for conducting interviews
- Ability to make others feel comfortable and open up on air
- Excellent writing and editing skills; proficient in grammar
- Proficient in media production and broadcast systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and social networking
- 1-2 years’ experience as an announcer in smaller market or college station environment
- 4-year college degree, preferred but not required in Communications or Broadcast Journalism
HOW TO APPLY: