Posted on 2016-12-02
By WNYT-TV Hubbard Broadcasting
This position has the overall responsibility and decision making for conceptualizing, writing, and producing on-air promotions, public service announcements and station branding.
Essential Job Functions:
- Produce promotions by organizing, writing, shooting video, editing, arranging and making creative decisions regarding the assigned promotions.
- Independently create and lead on-air news image, news topical and programming promotions by conceptualizing, producing, and writing assigned projects. Types of projects include but are not limited to proof of brand and tune-in spots, promotables, station brand, topicals, and other strategic promotions for NewsChannel 13. Maintains the editorial “style” and “brand” of station.
- Maintain an accurate list of all on-air promo inventory. Schedule promos on daily log.
- Create long form videos, marketing presentations and other unique special projects.
- As needed for successful project, identify and arrange for shoot locations. Take care of all relevant details. Negotiate details related to shoot, within budget and style guidelines.
- Manage the workflow of projects and address all challenges to keep projects moving ahead to completion while meeting all assigned deadlines.
- Routinely exercise independent judgment and decisions in carrying out job functions and completing assigned projects.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with others. Build effective working relationships with co-workers in same and different departments, customers, vendors and the general public. Act in a professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
2-4 year degree or equivalent work experience required. Minimum of 4 years of previous similar work experience. Superior writing, producing, and experience in shooting required. Knowledge of lighting techniques a plus. Non-linear editing skills, especially Avid is a plus. Must be highly creative. Proven ability to create and lead a project from start to finish without direct supervision. Must have a valid driver’s license. Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet short deadlines.
Lifts up to 50 lbs occasionally (camera equipment). Sit or stand for extended periods of time, in a confined area. Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing. Ability to hear clearly. Dexterity to manipulate computer keys and other controls in studio as well as other equipment.
Works in professional, collaborative team environment with a number of members. Works with members of the public on a regular basis. Often works independently to create and edit on-air promotions, public service announcements and programming. Works in confined studio/editing space as well as on locations in and out of doors.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply Online at WNYT
WNYT is an Equal Opportunity Employer