Assistant Creative Services Director
Posted on 2016-11-30
By Louisiana Association of Broadcasters
Baton Rouge, LA
WDSU-TV, the Hearst Television Inc. NBC Affiliate in New Orleans, is seeking a highly motivated Assistant Creative Services Director. The qualified candidate needs to be both creative and strategic—able to execute messaging that breaks apart from the pack while moving the station’s brand forward. We’re looking for someone to help lead a team of talented writer/producers and who is able to take on high-end projects from concept to completion under tight deadlines without compromising quality. The Assistant Creative Services Director will be responsible for on-air, off-air, and digital promotions. The right candidate will work closely with the CSD in developing brand and marketing strategies for the station and multiple digital channels and internet properties including web and mobile apps. If you can wield a pen to perfection, pick up a camera with ease, and make Adobe Creative Suite bow to your every whim, we want to hear from you! This is an opportunity to work for one of the nation’s leading multi-platform media companies in a competitive market where every impression on every platform matters. If you aspire to grow as a marketing executive by gaining experience in a fast-paced and competitive environment, apply today.
- Work closely with Creative Service Director implementing strategic based promotions.
- Responsible for the execution of station promotion for on-air and digital.
- Supervise creative team in brand, image and daily topical promotion.
- Able to effectively write, produce, shoot and edit on and off-air promotions.
- Special projects coordination & fulfillment.
- Produce effective news & programming promotion.
- Produce & post targeted social media marketing.
- Manage inventory for daily on-air logs.
- Attend outside community functions or meetings.
- Identify and implement strategies for increasing station brand awareness and resonance.
- Execute on-point television and digital promotion.
A minimum of 5 years in station marketing/promotion/brand
A minimum of 2 years executing brand message across all media
- Must have a winning attitude and a commitment to excellence and
- Must have proven skills of collaborating with News staff and
- Must be highly creative, a compelling writer and be able to use
research to meet station goals of growing an audience.
- Non-linear editing required; efficient in Adobe Creative Suite or
- Videography experience required.
- Creative writing and conceptualization; able to craft compelling messages based on station research.
- Excellent verbal communication & strong writing skills
- Detailed oriented & organized
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Graphic Skills preferred
- Valid driver’s license (hire is contingent on good driving record)
- College degree
in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field. Or equivalent
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates interested should please visit careers.hearsttelevision.com to apply.