Posted on 2016-11-28
By WIAT-TV WIAT-TV
WIAT in Birmingham is looking for a qualified General Manager to oversee all aspects of the station.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead a fully functioning broadcast TV station, comprised of news, sales, promotions, marketing, multiplatform technology, and other support functions.
- Design and deliver a competitive ratings and revenue growth strategy in the marketplace.
- Optimize core business opportunities in addition to new media platforms.
- Manage a diverse operational team of talented professionals.
- Identify opportunities to grow duopoly multi-platform content and distribution capabilities.
- Must be able to interact well with all staff.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills.
- Strong news judgment, journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations.
Education/Experience: Bachelors Degree in Communications, TV/film or the equivalent. A minimum of 5 years experience in television or radio broadcast/production. Must have proven leadership experience and operational leadership experience in the broadcast industry.
Training/Equipment: Ability to operate a computer (MS Office suite) to produce and analyze
data/reports. Understanding of Nielson ratings a must.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: High stress environment with deadline pressures. Some travel may be required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply at: www.wiat.com/wiat-42-careers/
Send resume to:
2075 Golden Crest Drive Birmingham
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER