KSL TV Studio Tech (Full-Time) #5108
Posted on 2016-10-17
By KSL Broadcast Group KSL Broadcast Group
Salt Lake City, UT
Who we are: Bonneville International has been a leader in broadcasting for over 50 years, with a mission to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We currently own and operate 14 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. Were proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
POSITION PURPOSE: Operate studio cameras, handheld cameras, robotic cameras, camera control units, teleprompter, other related television equipment and act as floor director in a manner that provides KSL News and its viewers with a highly produced project from a technical and aesthetic perspective. Responsibilities need to be performed with minimal supervision and demonstrating initiative in all areas assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible to run studio cameras, handheld cameras, robotic cameras, camera control units, teleprompter, other related television equipment and act as floor director for KSL News programs and other KSL productions as scheduled.
2. Performs specific studio technician assigned functions for KSL Television at a consistently high level of performance.
3. Responsible for insuring the highest quality production values in all work performed.
4. Responsible for setting up, cleaning and performing minor maintenance on sets and equipment in the news and production studios.
5. Demonstrates cooperation to create the best on-air product. Take direction from the directors and/or producers to obtain the best results. Offer suggestions for improvement of newscasts and other productions.
6. Performs clerical functions as necessary.
7. Effectively interact with other members of the KSL group to accomplish group objectives.
8. Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
9. Consistently work hours required. Work more when required to meet deadlines including weekends, holidays, evenings, etc.
10. Able to manage stress effectively.
11. Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with other members of the crew, department, management, and clients.
12. Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
13. Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
High school graduate, related field or equivalent.
Proven ability to work rapidly and effectively under pressure. Able to be organized, able to meet job deadlines and be a self-starter with demonstrated ability to effectively perform with minimum supervision.
Consistently work hours required. Work more when required to meet deadlines including rotating days and nights, weekends, holidays, etc. Schedules will be arranged according to the needs of the company. Willing to work additional hours as needed.
Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
Work effectively in a team environment.
Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, BUT NOT REQUIRED:
Prefer a minimum of one-year previous on-air commercial television studio production experience or equivalent. Experience to include studio camera operation, handheld camera, teleprompter and camera control units. Applicant may be required to demonstrate the skills necessary to perform the functions of this position.
Prefer someone with basic computer skills.
Good vision, able to display creative abilities in studio camera composition as well as in other assigned production activities.
Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Lift, move, and carry up to 50 lbs. of heavy studio production equipment as needed.
Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.