Posted on 2016-10-11
By KGRT KHQT KKVS KSNM Adams Radio Group
Las Cruces, NM
Adams Radio Group in Las Cruces is looking for a qualified traffic director to ensure continuity of programming.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Manage and supervise department workflow and staff.
- Schedule commercials and work on logs.
- Approve and process contracts in the computer.
- Work with sales managers to prioritize spots in oversold situations and communicate with account executives to accommodate spots and make sure that the spots are followed through.
- Create and make available to account executives tools for managing live copy.
- Order entry.
- Generate reports to allow collaboration with sales managers to evaluate and better manage stations inventory & revenue (oversold, features oversold, projection, front-load).
- Manage a variety of commercial logs without hesitation despite format differences.
- Proactively communicate with Sales Management to alerting them of potential oversold weeks or problems.
Work aggressively with salespeople to better service clients.
- Manage preemptions and make-goods.
- Provide sales and pacing projections.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
5-7 years of related traffic manager experience is required. Prior management experience and superior organizational and communication skills are required as is the ability to effectively manage staff and meet deadlines. Must be flexible and have the ability to work with constantly changing environments; must have extensive working knowledge of programming structures and formats on multiple levels. Prior computer experience, including Microsoft Office is required. 4 year college degree preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, contact Aaron Criswell, Vice-President/General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER