Posted on 2016-09-09
By WKPE, WOCN, WQRC, WFCC Cape Cod Broadcasting Media
Cape Cod Broadcasting Media (99.9 WQRC, Cape Country 104, Ocean 104.7, WFCC Classical 107.5 and CapeCod.com) is looking to add a Full-Time Broadcast Engineer to our Engineering Team. This important position is key in keeping our stations on the air and operating as efficiently as possible. Experience with Microsoft Office software and web publication software is important. Excellent writing and communications skills are required. The ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in an ever-changing environment is key.
- Work with engineering department which is responsible for all Technical Operations for our 4 station broadcast radio facility.
- Ensure compliance with all Company Engineering and information Technology practices
- Interface with Operations Manager
- FCC technical Rules Compliance
- Technical Department purchasing, planning and budgeting
- Studio equipment maintenance and updating
- Transmission systems and transmitter plant maintenance, including generators
- Digital storage and automation system installation and maintenance (Audio Vault or Wide Orbit experience preferred. Knowledge of Rivendell and Linux a plus.)
- Web streaming systems maintenance
- EAS systems logging compliance and equipment maintenance.
- Satellite systems installation, maintenance and updating
- Remote control and broadcast systems installation, maintenance and updating
- After hours, weekend and emergency and maintenance work as required.
Ability to simultaneously manage multiple project
Have at least 5 years’ background in Broadcast engineering or related electronics field; technical or IT education or similar experience; military training in electronics helpful; valid driver’s license and proof of personal vehicle insurance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Ability to: lift or move up to 75 lbs.; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; climb ladders; work above the ceiling and on elevated surfaces; work around high voltage equipment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Cape Cod Broadcasting Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to the goals of workplace diversity and nondiscrimination.
Please email cover letter, resume to: email@example.com
or forward same to:
Careers – Cape Cod Broadcasting Media
737 West Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601
Cape Cod Broadcasting Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the goals of workplace diversity and nondiscrimination.