Digital Content Specialist / WordPress Developer
Posted on 2016-09-09
By WBZ-FM, WKLB-FM, WROR-FM, WBOS-FM, WBQT-FM Beasley Media Group
Greater Media Boston is seeking an innovative Website Developer / Digital Content Specialist who passionately embraces technology to deepen the user experience of our top tier media brands. Qualified candidates must be coders first, but equally important, should possess the unique ability of understanding how to translate technical language into communication that our sales teams, clients, and marketing directors can understand.
Greater Media owns and operates five of Boston’s most powerful radio brands: ALT 92.9, HOT 96.9, Country 102.5, MAGIC 106.7 and WROR 105.7. Greater Media Boston Interactive (GMBi) is the force behind creating the digital presence for our brands and clients through web development, graphic design, video, and custom products.
OVERVIEW OF MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overseeing technical initiatives for all digital properties under the Greater Media Boston umbrella, including the web sites and mobile apps for ALT 92.9, HOT 96.9, Country 102.5, MAGIC 106.7 and WROR 105.7.
- Updating our radio station responsive-design websites on the WordPress platform
- Providing SEO analysis and recommendations in coordination with elements and structure of station websites and web pages. Providing diligent recommendations and executing strategies for content development in coordination with SEO goals, both general and keyword specific
- Assisting in the development and execution of communication/content strategies via social communities in coordination with SEO goals.
- Managing delivery of new digital product features, and unique marketing solutions for clients.
- Assisting our Digital Project Manager on the everyday management of all digital resources, including internal project management systems, Open X Ad Server, and our Programmatic Advertising platform.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Proficiency with the following:
- WordPress template development; WordPress back-end customization and extension
- Experience in MySQL
- Experience with cross browser compatibility testing
- Proven LAMP stack DevOps skill set
- Git source control concepts and methodologies
- Adobe Photoshop and Google Analytics
QUALITIES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- B.A. / B.S. with two to four years of proven coding experience and proficiency working in the WordPress content management system.
- Passion and curiosity for digital media and interactive marketing and a deep understanding of how to create engaging content for station websites, client microsites, and social media.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills. You will work with diverse audiences while collaborating with internal and external partners.
- Incredibly high attention to detail. Errors, typos, misspellings, and inconsistencies really bug you.
- Self-starter with strong analytic, strategic, creative thinking when developing and executing innovative programs
- Possess a “figure out a way to make it happen” attitude when faced with a new request/challenge
- Strong project management skills with proven abilities to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, collaborate across departments
- Experience with Project Management applications such as Basecamp
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
~No phone calls please ~ Greater Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer ~