Engineering Assistant/Full Time
Posted on 2016-08-30
By Louisiana Association of Broadcasters
Baton Rouge, LA
Entercom New Orleans is looking for an Engineering Assistant. This position will be responsible for installing and maintaining studio and RF equipment for six radio stations, internet streams and should possess a good working knowledge of FCC rules and regulations. Also will set up and operate remote broadcast equipment for events and provide computer and IT support for office staff and equipment networks
- Combined experience of computers and broadcast electronics. Associates Degree or Two Year Technical School. SBE certification a plus or FCC General License.
- HD radio experience, Wide Orbit Automation experience, and/or AM/FM transmitter experience helpful. Should have knowledge of working with High Voltage and High level RF environments.
- Requires good manual dexterity for soldering, use of hand tools and working on small electronic components
- Must have valid Louisiana driver’s license and an acceptable driving record and also have a reliable vehicle.
- Must be available to work weekends, holidays or emergency events, such as Hurricanes, when necessary including an alternating 24/7 on-call schedule.
- Must be capable of lifting and or moving a minimum of fifty pounds.
- Will occasionally require climbing ladders and working on elevated surfaces (e.g. rooftops) as well as in confined spaces.
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for this position, please apply online at www.entercom.com and click on “Careers”
Entercom New Orleans is an Equal Opportunity Employer