Posted on 2016-08-30
By Louisiana Association of Broadcasters
Baton Rouge, LA
WDSU-TV has an opening for an experienced Technical Director for our station’s live fast-paced newscasts. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of broadcast operations and production activities. The Technical Director will work together with directors and producers in planning newscasts and overseeing the crew on Newscast pre-production activities.
- This position is responsible for the visual direction of newscasts.
- Candidate must be detail oriented and able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Successful candidate will provide creative input and will work closely with the newscast producer and production crew.
- Employee will be responsible for clean technical execution of the overall look of the newscast.
- Ability to call and punch a newscast is beneficial.
- Preferred candidate will have 2+ years of experience working live newscast production for broadcast television station or cable news operation.
- Must be willing to work schedules which can include early mornings hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Experience with a Sony MVS 8000, Production Switcher is preferred.
- Experience with ENPS, VIZ RT graphics and Bitcentral video playback will be helpful.
- College Degree in Broadcast Communications or related field preferred or equivalent work experience
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates interested in joining the team should please visit careers.hearsttelevision.com to apply.