Posted on 2016-08-16
By Reelz Channel Reelz Channel
ReelzChannel is looking for a qualified Writer/Producer/Editor to be responsible for the overall decision making for conceptualizing, writing, producing and editing on-air promotions, as well as sales and marketing projects.
- Create marketing and sales promotions by concepting, producing, writing and editing assigned projects.
- aintain the editorial "style" and "brand" of REELZChannel for network presentation and Clients under the guidance of Creative Director.
- Manage the workflow of projects and address all challenges to keep projects moving ahead to completion while meeting all assigned deadlines.
- Complete, mix, version, exercise quality control, and deliver spots through digital portals.
Routinely exercise independent judgment and decision-making in carrying out job functions and completing assigned projects.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with others. Build effective working relationships with co-workers in same and different departments, customers, vendors and the general public. Act in a professional manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Report to work on time and work established schedules/hours. Ability to work other hours or alternate schedules as needed, as assigned by Management or required to complete a project or task.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training, and experience in the cable television industry.
- A minimum of 3 years of previous similar work experience.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, and attention to detail. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Superior writing, producing, and non-linear editing skills required (a writing test is required to qualify).
- Thorough knowledge of software and editing and production techniques. Significant experience with Final Cut Pro. Understand in standard audio mix procedures.
- Must be highly creative.
- Proven ability to create and lead a project from start to finish without direct supervision.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record as determined by the Company.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet short deadlines.
Sit or stand for extended periods of time, in a confined area. Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing. Ability to hear clearly. Manual dexterity to manipulate computer keys and other controls in studio as well as other equipment. Must be able to think quickly and creatively. Requires ability to articulate information in a clear, concise manner to others.
Work in a professional, collaborative team environment with a number of members. Work with members of the public on a regular basis. Often work independently to create and edit on-air promotions. Work in confined studio/editing space as well as on locations in and out of doors.
HOW TO APPLY:
No Telephone Calls Please
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER