Posted on 2016-08-09
By Louisiana Association of Broadcasters
Baton Rouge, LA
News with a Twist has an immediate opening for an Executive Producer – we are looking for a show doctor who can lead by example, coach excellence, inspire imagination and reward creativity.
News with a Twist brings a different approach to news. We’ve created an entertaining news program set in an eclectic bar where we discuss the most interesting topics of the day.
We add engaging local culture with stories and content that showcases what is happening in the neighborhoods of our viewers.
News with a Twist is a fun, opinionated, yet very relatable take on the daily news.
During each show, we give our viewers the news and perspective on the top stories of the day. We also celebrate our community and traditions with stories about food, music, events, unique businesses and much more.
Candidates should watch the show before applying. Watch it on line Monday-Friday at 5, 6 and 10p.
- Executes our Twist action plan priorities across all platforms.
- Coaches team members on how to weave News with a Twist’s brand throughout the product every day.
- Supervises the presentation of compelling content across multiple platforms.
- Coordinates coverage that is accurate, balanced, relevant, meaningful and imaginative.
- Supervises and coaches all producers, reporters, photographers, editors, assignment editors and production personnel.
- Embraces personal accountability in your role as a leader. Shows an attention to detail, and exhibits a willingness to chip in and help.
- Exhibits a positive attitude, adaptability to change, and a willingness to master technological advancements that haven’t been invented yet.
- Communicates and collaborates with the rest of the management team, facilitating effective hand-offs from one shift to the next, collaborating with strategic planning and long-range goal setting.
- Manages schedules and overtime.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the News Director
A bachelor’s degree is preferred and/or five years’ work experience. Prior management experience is preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested parties should apply online at www.tribunemedia.com/careers.