Digital Content Producer
Posted on 2016-08-09
By Louisiana Association of Broadcasters
Baton Rouge, LA
WGNO is looking for a passionate, talented and hard-working web producer to help manage the broadcast website and its social platforms.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for breaking news, while also being expert in social media, SEO and other tools to grow our digital audience while increasing engagement with viewers.
The right person for this job will be able to produce fast, compelling and accurate content, and help take our broadcast to the next level as an important source for news and video with a strong local focus.
50% - Publish video segments from newscasts to station websites with accurate and compelling headlines and copy utilizing best SEO (Search Engine Optimization) practices. Work with reporters and producers to ensure all video pieces are accompanied with web copy and latest updates. Little to no discretion – all gets included. Manager does not approve postings before they are made.
30% - Posting trending stories to social media with effective teases. Keep abreast of breaking local news and work with web editors as well as assignment and reporting staff to produce stories and videos. Use social media and other sources to track development of stories. Manage accounts for breaking news, story promotion and audience engagement (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, apps and breaking news emails). This is work done independently without review from Supervisor or management.
20% - Review News Wires (Tribune Media, CNN, ABC, etc.) and search social media to select stories to post to station website. Discretion is exercised in selecting stories relevant to viewers. Stories of controversial nature are reviewed with manager before posting
- Minimum of 2 years of web production experience preferred or similar experience in print or television newsrooms
- Comfortable with working on a range of content management systems and expert in use of social media to promote and distribute news content
- Ability to work professionally with station staff to put out the best possible digital product
- Passion for the news, digital presentation and a commitment to fairness and accuracy
- Curiosity about latest digital tools and a willingness to experiment with new ways to tell stories and reach a wider audience.
- Know AP style as well as best web-production practices, including SEO, story packaging, and social media
- Have a passion for and knowledge of web metric tools such as Google Analytics, and an ability to spot trends and identify opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested parties should apply online at www.tribunemedia.com/careers.