Assistant Chief Engineer
Posted on 2016-08-09
By SC Broadcasters Association
WYFF 4, the NBC affiliate in Greenville, South Carolina, has an opening for an Assistant Chief Engineer.
- Lead a team of maintenance engineers to meet the technical needs of the television station
- Install, troubleshoot and repair
- traditional broadcast television equipment
- broadcast and general purpose IT equipment
- ENG field and studio equipment
- Assume the role of Chief Operator, ensuring compliance with FCC rules and regulations
- A minimum of 8 years broadcast television maintenance experience
- Project management experience
- Good understanding of IT infrastructure and networking
- Experience with UHF television transmitters, microwave, ENG and SNG trucks a plus
- Specific equipment experience preferred:
- Sony XDCam
- Imagine Communications ADC Master Control Automation
- Vizrt Graphics systems
- Wheatstone digital audio console
- Sony production switcher
- Utah Scientific routing switcher
- Evertz multi-viewer and distribution
- Harmonic encoding
- Good management skills and able to motivate and empower the engineering maintenance team.
- A team player with good written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized and possessing a great attitude even in stressful situations.
- Ability to adjust to competing demands from multiple sources, and balance shifting priorities across all departments.
- Able to lift heavy equipment.
- Have an understanding and the ability to maintain technical documentation and drawings.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule, including mornings, evenings, weekends, overnights and holidays as needed.
- Associate or bachelor degree or technical school majoring in an Electronic related field or related work experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit careers.hearsttelevision.com to apply.