On Air Personality
Posted on 2016-08-03
By KSSK, Island 98.5, Star 101.9, 93.9 Jamz, KHVH, KIKI iHeartMedia
iHeart Radio is looking for an on-air pro to create, produce and announce topics on the radio, including music, entertainment, politics, news, weather, sports, traffic and other topics of interest.
- Announces radio playlist of musical selections.
- Comments on music and other matters of interest to audience (e.g. time, weather, traffic conditions) and may interview musical personalities and members of listening audience.
- Typically specializes in one type of music (e.g. Alternative, etc.).
- Writes, reviews and/or edits introductions, contests, etc.
- Participates in promotional events.
- May be responsible for operating control board for studios and remote programming.
- Monitors the technical quality and accuracy of incoming and outgoing on-air programming from master control room.
- Protects station’s license by censoring live programs and deleting words/phrases not permitted on air.
- Processes time-out programming for accurate play back.
- Checks studio equipment for proper functioning and notifies Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast.
- Handles emergency inserts (e.g. news updates and breaking stories, emergencies, alert system tests, etc.).
- Socially informed and perceptive; up-to-date and in tune with the local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of topics/events related to on-air discussions
- Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
- Well-rounded communication skills for conducting interviews
- Ability to make others feel comfortable and open up on air
- Excellent writing and editing skills; proficient in grammar
- Proficient in media production and broadcast systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and social networking
- 1-2 years’ experience as an announcer in smaller market or college station environment
- 4-year college degree, preferably in Communications or Broadcast Journalism
- None required
HOW TO APPLY:
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Current employees click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, outdoor, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services across the nation and providing premier opportunities for advertisers.