KTOO-AM/FM/TV Operations Manager
Posted on 2016-07-29
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
KTOO is recruiting qualified candidates to apply for the position of Operations Manager to join our operations team, supporting the operation of our broadcast stations and the production of public media content on all of our platforms. We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated individual with strong IT experience and skills and the ability to manage complex broadcast software and hardware systems. The person we hire will work closely with KTOO’s News and Public Affairs and Arts and Culture teams, so strong communication skills are required. Tasks require attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines.
KTOO is a well-supported, highly visible public media organization with a strong commitment to local, regional and statewide news reporting and program production. Juneau is a small but cosmopolitan capital city of 32,000 people with some of the highest per capita education and income levels in state. Located in the heart of the Southeast Alaska panhandle, Juneau is a transportation, retail and service hub with great schools, medical facilities and recreational opportunities. The community is safe, attractive and offers abundant outdoor activities, including fishing, boating, skiing, climbing and hiking, in a magnificent natural setting. Two hours from Seattle, Juneau’s climate is more like the Pacific Northwest than Interior Alaska. The weather is wet and mild with summer highs in the 60s and 70s and winter lows in the 30s.
Salary: Mid to high 40s, plus competitive benefits including health insurance, retirement plan, paid leave and holidays.
• Operates complex broadcast and online operations systems, including program automation, network satellite systems, digital master control and production operating systems, content management systems and digital editing systems
• Operates audio and video production equipment, including digital audio consoles, switchers and routers.
• Manages transmitter operations and Emergency Alert System
• Assists in production of broadcast programming, station breaks and promotional spots.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
• Ability to learn, program and operate complex computer systems (R)
• Ability to operate standard broadcast production equipment (R)
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail (R)
• Willingness to work non-standard hours and be on-call (R)
• Experience producing programming content, and/or as an on-air operator on radio or television stations (P)
• Ability to work well under pressure and work collaboratively with other staff (R)
• Familiarity with broadcast and IT systems similar to KTOO’s systems, including AXIA and Logitek digital audio systems, Audiovault automation and ProTrack and Natural Log traffic software. (P)
HOW TO APPLY:
Deadline: Open until filled, with an initial screening on August 12, 2016. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. To apply: Submit a letter of interest and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. KTOO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.