Creative Service Director
Posted on 2016-07-28
By WIAT-TV WIAT-TV
WIAT-TV Birmingham, AL (LIN Media) is seeking an innovative Creative Services Director to help lead its award winning team. The ideal candidate will eat, breathe, and sleep local news, weather, and sports. Must have a drive to dominate in a highly competitive market! You should have outstanding leadership and strategic planning skills as well as an understanding of demographics, audience flow and brand consistency.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage & supervise all aspects of commercial, promotional and PSA production (outdoor, radio, direct mail, newspaper, internet, etc.)
- Develop, implement, and coordinate all details involved in station contests and promotions as well as community relations endeavors.
- Work collaboratively with sales staff in an effort to increase station revenue by formulating customized promotional packages for targeted clients.
- Work collaboratively with news on promotions and community involvement to position and brand the station.
- Oversee the creation of all station graphics and art production for use on-air and supervises/maintains station website. Ensures continuity of stations graphic identity.
- Maintain positive relations with outside vendors to secure materials needed for promotions.
- Prepare annual budget for Marketing & Promotions department.
- Serve as a station representative for community and charitable events.
Do you have a niche for thinking outside the box to create commercials, promotions and PSA productions? WIAT is seeking a Creative Services Director to fill a very important role for its fast-growing team in Birmingham AL. Metered market experience is a plus. Should be able to work with an outside advertising agency on marketing campaigns and oversee media buys. Must be a highly creative writer and well-skilled in all aspects of non-linear editing with excellent conceptual and production skills. Must have people skills, strong work ethic, and the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines effectively. This position is responsible for the day-to-day creative output of the promotion, creative services, and graphics departments. Also responsible for the scheduling of on-air promos and staff training and development.
Education/Experience: BS in Marketing or related degree; plus (3) three years experience in similar role. Experience with multi-platform content and brand strategies a must. Meter-market experience helpful. A valid drivers license may be required for company travel.
Training/Equipment: Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Proficient in use of computer graphics and editing systems.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: This position requires the occasional lifting of objects up to 50 pounds. Work may be conducted in extreme outdoor weather conditions. Position requires long hours, work on weekends & evenings. High stress environment with deadline pressures. Some travel may be required.
Prior Marketing / Promotion management experience at a broadcast news station is preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
Or send resume and tape to: General Manager WIAT-TV –, 2075 Golden Crest Drive Birmingham
No phone calls please.
Media General is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER