Digital Managing Editor/Programs
Posted on 2016-07-26
By CareerPage CareerPage
Townsquare Media Trenton in Ewing, New Jersey is looking to hire a Digital Managing Editor/Programs to create and oversee entertainment, commentary and personality-based content for NJ1015.com, the digital arm of New Jersey’s largest news/talk radio station, New Jersey 101.5 FM.
The DME/Programs will have a passion for highly shareable, engaging content — always focused on New Jersey. The DME/Programs will work collaboratively with New Jersey 101.5’s on-air talent to translate the essence of who they are and how their programs relate to an audience into the digital space.
You’ll know why a piece might go viral, start a great conversation or prompt the sort of audience participation on which strong brands thrive. You’ll also know what might hold it back — and be able to communicate both to fellow talents in a way that motivates their best work.
- Work alongside the Digital Managing Editor and with a staff of other content producers to create compelling entertainment, commentary and personality-based content for the New Jersey community. This content will consist of text, photo, video and interactive content across the site, mobile and social media.
- Take part in brainstorming sessions and other creative discussions with radio station team, to
- Develop content ideas for the community based on entertainment value, audience demand and search data
- Edit several posts and features a day, working with their authors to develop strong content
- In consultation with the Digital Managing Editor:
- Conceive of innovative ways to distribute the content across the web and grow the audience
- Monitor and analyze web statistics with the goal of improving performance
- Utilize and enforce best practices for Search Engine Optimization and Social Media to drive audience.
- Ensure on-air promotions, contests, events, and activities are always synced with a web component.
The DME/Programs should have a proven track record of creating must-experience material that captures the attention of and grows audiences — material readers can’t help but show their friends on social platforms and tell their friends about over dinner. Think one part Buzzfeed, one part Huffington post, 10 parts New Jersey 101.5 — smart, digestible, entertaining and always through a New Jersey prism. The DME/Programs should be able to prompt and realize content ideas that play well on air and on digital alike — that play off the strengths of multiple platforms and integrate each with the other.
The ability to cultivate strong working relationships with others is key: You’ll be working with on-air talent and managing (in conjunction with other management staff) a small team of producers who support their programs. Your task will be to help identify the most compelling content they can each create, to inspire it and to refine it.
Strong writing and editing skills are essential (AP style expertise is strongly preferred), as is (at minimum) a working knowledge of basic multimedia production. Advanced multimedia skills will give an applicant a leg up.
The DME/Programs should also be a qualified news writer and editor; it won’t be your day-to-day job, but you’ll be called on to work with news staff on an as-needed basis. If you can’t step in for a news editor in a pinch, this job isn’t for you.
The person filling this role should understand what makes content on the web sticky, conversation-starting and good for SEO.
The job also requires a sense for marketing and socialization of content, the ability to focus under fast-paced pressure, and the capacity for managing multiple tasks at once. Great communication skills and attention to detail are a requirement.
Experience working with WordPress, HTML, Photoshop and video production are all a plus.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply online at: http://grnh.se/qlxy6g
Current Townsquare Media Broadcasting Employee Qualification Statement: It is preferred that current employees of Townsquare Media Broadcasting, LLC and affiliated companies have a minimum of six months of service in their present position, and a fully competent performance rating to be eligible to apply for this position.
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING, LLC MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.