Program and Music Director
Posted on 2016-07-18
By Louisiana Association of Broadcasters
Baton Rouge, LA
Delta Media Corp in Lafayette, LA is currently seeking a Program / Music Director for our Urban AC station.
“Z-1059” (KFXZ-FM) is the only locally owned Urban AC station in the Lafayette, LA Market.Featuring live and local shows during the week and weekends.
We’re looking for someone who:
* Strives to be the absolute best and has a desire to be number one.
* Comes to work every day with a positive, competitive, winning attitude.
* Is a problem solver.
* Is a perfectionist for quality sound and the technical operations of the station.
* Can write and produce top-quality production, imaging and promos.
* Is consistently thinking ‘outside the box’ to help programming create unique on-air features, digital content and promotions for sales.
* Is a digital and social media guru.
* Can prep and blog like a pro. Up to speed on current affairs, issues in the African-American community along with other news, politics and pop culture.
* Can build, bring together, manage, coach and lead a staff.
* Understands the importance of embracing the local community, culture, lifestyle and music.
* Adhere to all company guidelines, policies and procedures, the FCC and all other Federal, state and local laws.
Preferred Requirements for this position include:
* 3 to 5 years experience as an Urban-AC PD/MD
* Knowledge of the Urban AC and Gospel format and music reporting.
Must be proficient in the following:
* Adobe Audition or similar for audio production.
* BSI Simian, On-Air Automation Systems or similar (Scotts, Next Gen, AV, Etc.)
* Natural Music or similar (Selector, Power Gold, etc.) for music scheduling, technical clocks, imaging, promos and traffic.
* Windows operating systems and software such as Word, Outlook and Excel.
* Word Press (Web Site maintenance and blog posting)
* Bonus if familiar with Photoshop, MSnap (Text Platform), Securenet Systems (Live stream) and understand basic technical operations of satellite programming and clocks.
* Promotions Management to include web based loyalty and text club platforms.
HOW TO APPLY:
Delta Media Corp is the largest multimedia company in the Lafayette market with radio, television and digital properties. Locally owned and Nielsen subscriber.
Send resume, aircheck (audio must be less than 10Mb), references and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No Phone Calls. Delta Media Corp is an EOE