Posted on 2016-06-09
By KSFR Northern New Mexico Radio Foundation
Santa Fe, NM
Responsible for setting up, installing, monitoring and maintaining station facilities. Ensures technical quality and availability of KSFR’s broadcast signal.
- Log and report problems about equipment and/or repair or take equipment for repairs.
- Record programs for broadcast.
- Perform routine cleaning and rebooting (where appropriate) of equipment
- Maintain documentation of station equipment and processes including program clocks and automation playlist in conjunction with the Operations Manager.
- Verify along with operations staff that station is on-air. Report outages to Chief Technology Officer and/or RJ Communications.
- Prepare automation playlist to deliver the program schedule.
- Provide technical support to program producers for recording or delivering live their programs.
- Assist the Operations Manager in training volunteers in the proper use production equipment.
- Assist the Chief Technology Officer with the design, implementation and maintenance of the stations hardware and software infrastructure
- Assist the Chief Technology Officer with completing and maintaining an inventory of equipment both on-site and off.
- Assist the Chief Technology Officer with preparing a 5 year equipment budget.
- Assist as needed postings of KSFR social media accounts such as Facebook and twitter.
The Broadcast Technician must be able to respond to emergencies in all but the most severe circumstances. Should possess a basic understanding of electronics theory in general and have experience in "trouble shooting" and repair down to component level; be able to perform corrective maintenance to all station equipment; handle "on call" emergency repairs and preventive maintenance schedules; maintain inventory of spare parts; install new equipment and design circuits to meet desired programming, availability and sound quality objectives. As a technician, command a working knowledge of computers and networking, WAN, LAN, and Internet protocol configurations.
Experience in the following is preferred; Radio automation, General understanding of FM transmitter operation, Federal Communications Commission legal operating parameters. The ideal candidate should have excellent communication and organizational skills, a demonstrated ability to act independently, display flexibility, creativity, develop innovative solutions and be constructive member of the stations team.
Minimum 1 year experience in Broadcast Engineering or Information Technology experience preferred with college, technical school or GED education in related fields. Must be 18 years of age or older and have a current, valid drivers license and be able to lift equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. Also have the ability and willingness to travel and work overtime.
HOW TO APPLY:
PO Box 28670
Santa Fe, NM 87592
505-428-1379Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER