KBBI-AM Development Director
Posted on 2016-06-07
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
Are you seeking more than a paycheck in your career? If youre a professional with proven experience thats seeking more than a paycheck in an honorable profession, KBBI invites you to apply for the Development Director position. This position provides you the opportunity to work for a public radio station that thrives on working collaboratively and overcoming challenges. We are seeking a game changer, someone that loves what they do and is motivated to share their knowledge with their team. The Development Director plays a critical role in generating and maintaining revenue for KBBI through on-air membership drives, sales of underwriting (paid on-air messaging), other revenue producing activities and special events. They also spearhead marketing and communications efforts for KBBI. As an ideal candidate, you will bring experience balancing multiple priorities, and will have demonstrated high initiative and the ability to work independently. In order to be successful in this role, youll have exceptional organizational and communication skills, and will be able to interact with staff, volunteers and supporters, showing resourcefulness, flexibility and a high level of professionalism.
Reports to: General Manager. Supervises: Volunteers and, student workers in development activities.
Classification: Full-Time Regular, Exempt. Salary range: DOE As part of the total compensation package, benefits include health insurance, paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
A career with KBBI offers the best candidates a job that enriches the lives of the communities we serve. Living and working in Homer offers the quintessential Alaska lifestyle sought after by many. Known as “the halibut fishing capital of the world,” Homer is located on beautiful Kachemak Bay, and is connected by road and air to Anchorage, 225 miles north along the Kenai Peninsula. Recreational activities include wildlife viewing, kayaking, sport fishing, hiking, and skiing. Homer offers a lively arts and music community, as well as many fine restaurants, a brewery, coffee roasters, and lots of friendly people. Education opportunities include an outstanding public school system, along with a branch campus of Kenai Peninsula College, which is part of the University of Alaska Anchorage. The community also offers excellent healthcare providers and facilities, including South Peninsula Hospital.
1. Manage membership: maintain database, donor relationships, lead on-air membership drives (e.g., schedule guests, write scripts, acquire challenge grants).
2. Initiate and maintain underwriting accounts, e.g., maintain on-air flight schedules and contracts, write and record scripts, and handle client-billing details.
3. Chief organizer of annual events: Annual Meeting, appreciation events and multiple fundraising events.
4. Public relations, marketing and communication duties ;. e.g., advertisements, premiums, promotional print materials, emails, mailings, website, and social media.
5. Maintain Development Department budget discipline.
6. Work with other station staff and volunteers to enhance the positive team efforts of KBBI in meeting our strategic goals.
7. Assist General Manger with grants and administrative issues when needed.
8. Work with the board and development committee to carry forward strategic plan.
9. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelors degree, preferably in communications, marketing, business or public administration.
2. A minimum of five years work related experience. Preferably in fundraising, marketing, sales, and events.
3. Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking. Good radio voice for on-air messaging.
4. Strong computer skills covering databases, social media and Microsoft Office.
5. Collaborative team player willing to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
6. Must be able to demonstrate attention to detail, ability to analyze information and problem solve, professionalism, organizational savvy, and commitment to confidentiality.
7. Must work with other staff and the public in a professional and cooperative manner.
HOW TO APPLY:
KBBI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. To Apply: Email a cover letter and resume with 3 professional references to email@example.com or mail to 3913 Kachemak Way, Homer AK 99603 to attention: Terry Rensel.