Account Executive - Scripps Radio 11911
Posted on 2016-06-02
By WWST, WCYQ, WNOX, WKHT
SCRIPPS MEDIA -- Knoxville, TN (Star 102.1 WWST-FM, Q100.3 WCYQ-FM, Hot 104.5 WKHT-FM, and Classic Hits 93.1 WNOX-FM) is seeking a talented account executive who thrives in a fast-paced working environment. We are identifying competitive individuals with a proven track record of over-achieving sales goals. In return, we offer a career opportunity with an innovative and stimulating work environment with one of the best teams in the business.
Serving the largest and most loyal audience of listeners and clients in East Tennessee--the four station group of Star 102.1, Hot 104.5, Q100 Country, and Classic Hits WNOX--offers the best training, resources, benefits, and support to its family of employees. The Knoxville group strives to maintain the highest level of excellence while staying on the forefront of the most advanced technologies. We embrace our successes and Scripps Radio Knoxville is laser-focused on future growth in each of our programming, sales, digital, and promotional departments.
JOB TITLE: Account Executive/11911
AREA OF INTEREST: Sales
The Account Executive works under the direction of the Local Sales Manager to maintain and grow existing business/relationships with our key accounts. Identify and pursue ways to increase individual, client and company sales growth and retention in our full product portfolio.
· Recognized top sales performer with a track record of over-achieving sales goals (top 10-20% of company) in past positions
· Able to identify client business needs and proactively develop customized advertising solutions to meet client objectives
· Have strong listening and presentation skills and the ability to quickly building lucrative client relationships
· Knows how to use todays new technologies in todays business environment
· Stay abreast of the competitive landscape and emerging technologies to best position Scripps in the marketplace
· Possess rare people skills which allow you to get out in front of problems and proactively provide solutions
· Excel at prospecting and aggressively seeking new clientele by networking, cold calling, canvassing, referrals or other means.
· Prospect, develop, and maintain station accounts.
· Pursue and develop new business.
· Service accounts with avails, presentations, promotions, and research.
· Conceptualize and communicate creative ideas.
· Follow through on production for new business clients.
· Establish and maintain customer relationships.
· Other duties as assigned by manager.
What We Offer:
· Highest commissions and bonus opportunities in the market
· Aggressive, growing stations with a great team environment
· Best training and resources in the business
· Knoxville is consistently rated as a great market to raise a family and do business
· Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance package
· 401K with company match to plan for the long term
· Vacation & Holidays
Skills & Abilities:
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
· Strong problem solving and persuasive abilities.
· Ability to creatively develop new advertising accounts.
· High work ethics and standards.
· Ability to meet deadlines and detail orientation.
· Proven sales success preferred.
· Self-starter with sense of urgency.
· Creative and customer-focused.
· Ability to interact and influence others in a positive manner while learning and working in a fast-paced, successful team environment.
· Thorough knowledge of broadcast industry related to inventory, ratings, research and demographics.
· Computer proficiency
· Bachelors degree in Business or related field preferred.
· 0-5 years of sales experience. Prior radio sales experience preferred.
· Sales of other media or related fields will be considered.
HOW TO APPLY:
The E.W. Scripps Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.