Posted on 2016-06-02
By KOAT-TV Hearst Television
KOAT-TV Hearst Television’s ABC affiliate in Albuquerque, NM has an opening for a Production Assistant. We are looking for an energetic team player who understands the flexible schedule that the broadcast industry requires to join our production crew.
This person will be responsible for operating cameras, teleprompter, audio-board, graphics and video equipment; as related to live broadcasts and post-production. Must have good technical skills, and good communication skills. Responsibilities include floor directing, camera/studio operator, digital editing, assisting the news department, and other duties as assigned.
- Construction, maintenance, installation and operation of props, cameras, prompters, sets and other production equipment.
- Maintain professional appearance of studio/sets.
- Work also includes AVID editing (non-linear) for news and website content.
- Lighting and script preparation for newscasts.
- Edit syndicated promos for air.
- Video cueing during newscasts.
- Assist the directors as needed.
- Working knowledge of television newscast equipment and software required.
- Videography experience helpful.
- Non-linear editing experience a plus.
- Must have a good attitude, be willing to learn, and be a team player.
- Must be able to problem solve quickly and work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Ability to edit is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications preferred.
- Completion of college level technical & editing classes a plus.
- Equivalent work experience also considered.
HOW TO APPLY:
Visit careers.hearsttelevision.com and upload a resume and cover letter.