Posted on 2016-05-10
By CBS Radio CBS Radio
CBS Radio, a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, is accepting resumes for the position of Market Controller of its Phoenix radio stations. CBS Radio in Phoenix consists of a cluster of three of the most well-known and highly regarded radio stations in the market—94.5 KOOL FM, Live 101.5, and KMLE Country @107.9. This position reports directly to the Senior VP/Market Manager of CBS Radio Phoenix and to CBS Radio Corporate Finance. The Market Controller has overall responsibility and management of the market’s financial operations and oversees the Finance and Traffic departments of the cluster.
· Responsible for the complete oversight of all market business operations (KMLE-FM, KOOL-FM, KZON-FM).
· Oversee the activities of accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, payroll, credit/collections, budgeting, forecasting and traffic.
· Perform month-end, year-end accounting closings and quarterly reporting requirements.
· Report monthly financial performance and variance analysis.
· Prepare annual budgets and monthly forecasts for the market.
· Responsible for market SOX compliance and audit procedures.
· Enforce corporate policies and procedures.
· Manage and oversee finance and traffic staff.
· Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
10 years of accounting experience in radio or the media industry is required. The Market Controller has overall responsibility and management of the market’s financial operations and oversees the finance and traffic department of the cluster. Responsibilities will include overseeing all accounting processes, preparation & reporting of monthly financial statements, developing monthly forecasts and annual budgets and administering SOX compliance. In addition, this person will implement accounting and internal control policies and guidelines, as well as help develop operational strategies for the cluster. Strong financial and analytical skills are a must as well as strong knowledge of general ledger systems, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, income tax, banking, budgeting & forecasting required. Candidates must have strong communication skills to effectively interact on a regular basis with entire market and corporate management and strong Excel skills; Oracle accounting system experience is preferred. Strong knowledge of GAAP and sound financial and accounting practices is required. Prior management experience and a 4 year degree in Accounting required; CPA or MBA desirable.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates may apply through the Career Center at www.cbsradio.com. Reference #25095. Faxed, mailed, emailed and hand-delivered resumes will not be accepted. No phone calls, please.
CBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled