Social Media Manager
Posted on 2016-04-09
By KCFR, KVOD, KVOQ Colorado Public Radio
Colorado Public Radio, a statewide network providing news, information, and music to people who want to be informed, enlightened and entertained, is seeking a Social Media Manager to oversee CPR`s efforts to foster and engage with current and new CPR audiences in social media communities.
The Social Media Manager is primarily responsible for developing strategy and standards for social media engagement by staff across News and Music services; managing the main CPR social media accounts on Facebook and Twitter and working with staff on posting across CPR`s three services; mentoring staff on concepts of social media; researching new social media developments and platforms; monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on engagement activity for CPR`s social media presence; and making recommendations on how best to distribute and promote broadcast and web content across social media channels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages posting of content to CPR`s Institutional social media account, and sets and maintains best practices and standards for Programming (News, Classical, and OpenAir) social media accounts.
- Serves as the primary strategist for all digital engagement, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, website comments, and any other channels authorized by Director of Digital Platforms. Strategy includes, but is not limited to: ensuring consistency among services, reaching out to other key social media accounts such as musicians or NPRrelated accounts, determining when and how to react to listener comments, how content should be promoted and distributed on social media, and how to promote CPR’s social media channels.
- Mentors staff on concepts and specifics of social media, enabling them to post directly to social media platforms.
- Determines with staff how best to promote content through social media, and holds staff accountable for implementation.
- Monitors, analyzes and reports on activity for CPR`s social media presence, providing associated staff routine reports and recommendations.
- Works as part of a digital management team to define key digital strategies and goals for CPR`s Internet presence.
- Researches new social media developments or platforms (especially those relevant to public radio, media, and public-service based organizations), and determines whether and how CPR can leverage them.
- Other job duties may be assigned from time to time.
- May work non-standard hours from time to time.
- As a key coordinator across many departments, this position is expected to carry out most responsibilities in the office, to be readily available for collaboration and consultation across the organization.
The successful candidate will have:
- A four-year college degree in related field or equivalent years of experience in the digital space, including at least two years with editorial and supervisory responsibilities for content and/or marketing.
- Ability to plan strategically with a global vision that is in alignment with the goals of CPR.
- Demonstrated organization skills managing a variety of activities efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication and managerial skills with a penchant for intrapersonal and professional communication.
- Proven success working collaboratively toward mutual goals.
- Understanding of public radio, news, and music services.
- A strong and demonstrated understanding of social media practices and tools, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, and analytics tools.
- A desire to stay at the crest of emerging technologies and an ability to target and prioritize efforts in budding digital spaces.
- The ability to think graphically about multimedia content in an online setting including enhancement and placement of photos, videos, and audio files.
- Identification with the mission and purpose of Colorado Public Radio.
- A working knowledge of computing devices, ranging from Windows-based PCs to mobile devices including smartphones and tablets that run both iOS and Android platforms.
- A demonstrated understanding of modern web technologies and concepts, including HTML, CSS, podcasts, SEO, RSS, and the Drupal content management system.
- This position is based in the Denver Metro and requires working non-standard hours from time to time.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Social Media Manager" in the subject line:
Three professional references
A brief description of the purpose of each of the four Facebook pages for Colorado Public Radio (Colorado Public Radio, CPR News, CPR Classical, and CPR OpenAir) and one or two recommendations for more effective engagement.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls or drop ins please. Competitive salary and benefits.
Colorado Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer and encourages workplace diversity.