Posted on 2016-05-09
By KCFR, KVOD, KVOQ Colorado Public Radio
The Communications team is looking for an experienced communications professional to join Colorado Public Radio as a Communications Coordinator. The Communications Coordinator is responsible for developing and executing promotional content and activities to increase exposure of the CPR brand and support community engagement initiatives. The successful candidate will serve as the primary author of all promotional content, including content on CPR’s website, branded social media accounts, email, advertising, press releases, publications, collateral, CPR’s intranet and other materials as needed.
Colorado Public Radio produces and curates in-depth, thoughtful and meaningful news and music to enrich the lives of hundreds of thousands of listeners each week (Source: Nielsen Audio, 2015). Join a growing organization of talented people dedicated to informing, enlightening and entertaining the Colorado community and be part of a tight knit in-house communications team.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Identification with the mission and purpose of Colorado Public Radio.
- College degree in communications or related field and minimum of 2 years professional experience in marketing communications required.
- Excellent writing skills and experience developing and managing content production for a broad range of distribution channels.
- Expert knowledge of editorial style and production processes.
- Significant independent judgment and strategic planning abilities required.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to lead and manage multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Flexible, team-oriented work style; able to work well with a wide variety of individuals.
- Experience with social media publishing tools, web content management systems and email service providers desired.
- Highly PC literate with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office software products.
HOW TO APPLY:
o apply send a cover letter, resume, three professional references and three samples of your work (social media successes, brochures, newsletters, ads etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Communications Coordinator" in the subject line.
Only candidates that submit complete applications will be considered for employment with CPR. Competitive salary and benefits. No phone calls or drop ins please.
Colorado Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer and encourages workplace diversity.