Posted on 2016-04-19
By KAAZ, KNRS, KODJ, KJMY, KZHT Total Traffic
Salt Lake City, UT
Manages the local business office including sales revenue forecasting, payroll submission and accounting for the station(s); serves as front-line support for business operations within a designated area.
- Coordinates with regional financial management regarding financial and operational information.
- Liaises between station and regional/corporate office regarding business issues involving personnel, legal, FCC regulations, etc.
- Processes payroll including new hire paperwork, commission calculations, and talent fee allocation.
- Gathers and maintains employee personnel records.
- Provides revenue and balance sheet information to corporate.
- Maintains local trade files according to policy.
- Manages local accounts receivable processes, including billing, invoice generation and cash advance processing, and assists sales with collection issues.
- Updates and maintains accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable, trade).
- Conducts variance and account analysis to identify discrepancies; recommends actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Compiles data and prepares a variety of reports; submits payroll and financial data to corporate office.
- Ensures the correct functioning of Traffic, facilities, office and/or business support services.
- Partners with other groups on issues that may have a financial impact or require a financial perspective (eg., commissions support), and may provide special project support.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite; advanced skills in Excel
- Familiarity with accounting software and ability to learn new systems quickly
- Knowledge of FCC rules
- Ability to work in a matrix organizational structure
- Can work under minimal supervision, independently and/or as a member of a project team.
- Highly detailed oriented, with strong attention to accuracy
- Excellent planning and organization skills; can multitask and prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- High degree of analysis and decision-making skills; knows when to escalate appropriate issues to management in a timely fashion
- Proven problem-solving ability, following-up until resolved
- Stress tolerance; can maintain composure when faced with difficult situations/personalities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- 3-5 years’ experience in Accounting or Finance
HOW TO APPLY: