Editor/Graphic Designer GDNM
Posted on 2016-04-14
By KOB-TV Hubbard Broadcasting
KOB Eyewitness News 4 in Albuquerque is looking for a dynamic, experienced graphic designer.
- Responsibilities will be to edit 2 thirty minute talk shows per week, as assigned by the show’s Executive Producer and/or the published production schedule.
- Responsible for editing to completion all material necessary to create a daily thirty minute show that is coherent, communicative and suitable for broadcast and streaming online under the supervision of the Executive Producer.
- Technical duties will include, Technical Directing every in-studio taping using a Ross Carbonite 2 Production Switcher. Experience with Ross Carbonite Production switchers is preferred but not required.
- Designing background set monitor graphics, which may include client logos.
- Other technical duties include; management of Adobe Premiere Pro workstations and asset management within EditShare Media Server.
- Design lower 3rd’s and end slate graphics, which may include client logos, company artwork, and must select colors, images text style, and layout, that will create a pleasing overall look.
- Maintain, effective communication between Executive Producer, Host, Floor Crew and fellow editors, to achieve deadlines and maintain taping schedule.
Record, log and transfer video with Adobe Premiere, AJA Ki Pro, and via tape backup.
- Adapt and use critical thinking skills to quickly solve any problems that may arise in a fast-paced and highly creative environment.
- Distribute files to fellow editors in a timely manner.
- Responsible for relaying content information and runtimes for all recorded content to the Executive Producer and fellow editors.
Review final project and correct any errors before delivery to master control or online.
- Applicant must have a minimum of four years’ experience in non-linear editorial workgroup environment, with Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 or above preferred.
- Experience in cutting reality, corporate image, documentary, or commercial production content.
- Proven graphic design or motion graphic experience is a must.
- Minimum of four years’ experience with Adobe After Effects CS6 or above.
- Server file & asset management, organization.
- Audio mixing and on-air mastering.
- Must be knowledgeable on tapeless production workflows, particularly with P2 and/or XDCAM, AVI, MP4, QuickTime and MXF file formats for both broadcast and web.
- Applicant must have a general knowledge of post-production operations, such as MacCaption software, Speech Analysis in Adobe Premiere and EditShare Media Server is encouraged though not required.
- Experience technical directing a multi-camera television show, using a live broadcast switcher is preferred.
Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record. Driving record will be checked.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. The Company will make reasonable physical accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions. Good hand/eye coordination, ability to clearly communicate verbally, good hearing is a must. Ability to work in a closed edit bay environment for long periods of time is necessary. May be required, on occasion, to lift and carry cables and equipment up to 30 lbs, including P2 and/or XDCAM camera packages and support gear.
HOW TO APPLY:
No Telephone Calls Please
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER