Director of Marketing
Posted on 2016-04-08
By Family Life Communications Incorporated
Job Title: Director of Marketing
Company: Family Life Radio
Organization Type: Radio Station - Non-commercial
Location: Tucson, AZ
Use your talents and expertise to make an impact for Christ in our world. For over 50 years Family Life Communications has been communicating the love of Christ through our network of radio stations, publications, conferences, and digital platforms. Our ministry is a Christ centered communications ministry, and we have an immediate opportunity for Director of Marketing at our ministry Headquarters in sunny Tucson Arizona.
As the Director of Marketing you would be responsible for leading the Marketing Department. Your role would include developing departmental strategy, and supporting ministry wide strategies that involve marketing support. The DOM defines, analyzes and carries out marketing research initiatives, and acts as both Sr. Editor and project manager for the marketing department to ensure projects achieve or exceed ministry expectations.
· Manages the Marketing Department. Sets goals and monitors performance to ensure work meets or exceeds ministry standards and objectives.
· Develops and manages brand aligned marketing strategies that support mission and ministry goals; communicates and implements strategies to grow market share and build brand awareness. Effectively uses business/marketing metrics for planning & measuring results.
· Acts as a Sr. Editor in the design, production and editorial direction of high-quality, effective print, electronic, web, video and other communications developed by the marketing department.
· Acts as project manager for the department; manages, and tracks projects and evaluates service quality and satisfaction levels with internal customers. Tasks include obtaining estimates from vendors; managing bidding and outside charges as necessary, manages projects to budget, and ensures quality and timeliness of completion and delivery.
· Writes editorial content for communication channels throughout the ministry, (feature articles, advertising/marketing copy, web content, email, eNewsletters, FAQ’s, script writing, etc…)
· Manages department operations against a budget; sets budget and manages according to quarterly forecasts and goals and manages all reporting against those goals
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
· Minimum of five (5) years relevant experience
· Proven experience developing and managing marketing strategies with proven ability to meet organizational objectives
· Demonstrated experience using, analyzing and reporting on business/marketing metrics
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Demonstrated progressive leadership responsibility
· Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to write, edit and proof articles and marketing copy
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically, and lead cross-functional teams
· Expertise with Web 2.0 marketing
· Excellent organizational skills, and ability to multitask
· Ability to understand and interpret a complex competitive landscape and effectively prioritize the projects that will deliver the greatest impact on objectives
· Strong financial management skills including experience planning and managing department budgets
· Strong analytical skills and passion for interpreting and translating quantitative and qualitative data into consumer insights
· Knowledge of current trends in marketing and consumer behavior including the migration toward digital media
· Strong knowledge of web and social media platforms
· Expertise with Microsoft Office applications and contemporary publishing programs such as Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint
· Expertise in branding/brand management, and public relations
OTHER MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
· Spiritually mature Christian who believes the Bible to be God’s guiding map for life and ministry service. Possess a firm understanding of God’s word and how to convey the message.
· Ability to effectively and professionally represent FLR; requires maturity, poise, and professionalism (includes presenting a professional appearance at all times)
· Maintains integrity and professional code of ethics required as a positive reflection of the ministry
HOW TO APPLY:
Our cutting-edge team provides a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. If you would like to use your gifts and talents to serve Christ, please visit our website at www.myflr.org and click on the “Careers” tab to learn more about our ministry and how to apply, or send your cover letter and resume to:
E-mail: email@example.com or:
Family Life Communications, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources Department
PO Box 35300
7355 N Oracle Rd
Tucson, AZ 85740
Fax Number: 520-469-7314