Ohana Media Group, Promotions & Digital Manager
Posted on 2016-04-06
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
Ohana Media Group – Anchorage is searching for a Promotions and Digital Manager who’s ready to hit the ground running and maximize station ratings and revenue potential through creative promotions and exceptional event organization and execution.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of station and client promotions and web management including; working hand in hand with sales and programming to conceptualize and execute all contests and events, scheduling/training/managing remote personnel, face to face interaction with clients, station brand strategy/development, station advertising campaigns, social media initiatives, website design, development, content and revenue generation, and have a strong customer service approach towards listeners, clients and staff.
Job Duties: (to include but will not be limited to)
· Consult, collaborate, and brainstorm with sales team, clients, and Program Directors in order to create compelling promotional concepts that include a 360 degree approach.
· Execute/coordinate promotions. Breakdown promotion into its’ various elements, develop timeline, plan of action to execute, budget, follow through and recap.
· Planning and coordination of Major Book Promotions from inception to completion working closely with the Operations Manager and Program Director(s) to include scheduling and coordinating execution of on air contesting and on the street marketing.
· Build cume through strategic and tactical marketing campaigns. Serve the cume through customer relations, always striving to achieve a positive experience.
· Coordinate/communicate with listeners in dealing with listener inquiries. Maintain and build listener relationships.
· Responsible for maintaining Promotional Calendar, updating on a daily basis, keeping sales staff informed of promotional activity.
· Organize and build agenda and host weekly Promotions Meeting.
· Responsible for all station sales remotes and promotional broadcasts. Establish and maintain standards for outside station appearances.
· Supervise promotions assistants. Duties will include hiring, training, scheduling and on-site supervision. As supervisor, you will insure they are performing as outlined in their job descriptions and evaluate their performance.
· Work with the Director of Sales, General Manager, corporate staff and the promotion/sales assistant in coordinating digital and web efforts to further the marketing and promotional opportunities for Ohana Media Group stations.
· Other duties, as assigned.
Education and Licensing Requirements:
· Must have a current driver’s license and good driving record.
· Must be 21 years of age or older.
· College degree in Business Management, Marketing or Communications preferred.
· Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs(PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.), and experienced in using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Minimum of 1 year of experience in event management, marketing, promotions, or project management.
· Experience working with Content Management Systems.
· Extensive Social Media knowledge.
· Digital/Graphic design experience.
· Creative and journalistic writing skills a plus.
· Knowledge of analytics, especially Google analytics, and how to translate metrics into plain English for sales and programming staff.
· Ability to work effectively in time-sensitive situations and meet deadlines; coordinate multiple projects and complex tasks simultaneously.
· Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative with minimal supervision.
· Pay attention to detail, and troubleshoot user-friendliness and technical issues.
· Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels.
· Available for weekend, evening, holiday, and early morning promotion work.
· Must be physically capable of long hours, extended exposure to the outdoors, and able to lift 50 pounds or more.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested parties may submit their resume, references, sample of previous promotions & digital work and an outline on promotions & digital philosophies to: Tom Oakes, VP/Programming, Ohana Media Group, 833 Gambell Street, Anchorage, AK 99501 or send materials to email@example.com. No calls please. Ohana Media Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.