KOTV Broadcast Engineer
Posted on 2016-04-06
By KWTV, KOTV, KSBI, KQCW
Oklahoma City, OK
Operating and monitoring of transmitters in accordance with FCC regulations, monitoring of tower structures in accordance with FAA regulations and accurately maintaining broadcasting equipment. Perform the repair, replacement, modification, installation, removal, adjustment and integration of all technical broadcasting equipment related to the operation of the station. Follow safety rules and exercise judgment that results in safe actions to prevent injury.
- Strong attention to detail, the ability to multitask efficiently, excellent communication and organizational skills and must be dependable.
- Excellent customer service and strong interpersonal skills.
- Five (5) years maintenance experience on television audio, video, RF, microprocessor controlled equip
- Ability to practice safe conduct perform work at various heights on broadcast towers
- Knowledge of digital theory, microprocessor, computer operations, as well as general solid state electronics and high power amplifiers, video and audio reproduction techniques, microwave theory and practices, television signal standards.
- Must be competent in the use of electronic test equipment, i.e., wave form monitors, vectroscopes, oscilloscopes, distortion analyzers, digital volt meters, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Must be competent with hand tools, soldering equipment and small power tools.
- Possess mathematical ability to perform basic calculations and critical thinking.
- Oklahoma Class B Commercial Driving License (CDL) preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years prior experience in the engineering field, preferably broadcast engineering.
- Associate Science Degree in electronics, military training, or trade school certificate preferred.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds unaided.
- Related experience will be evaluated by Company management and may be substituted on the basis of two years of experience equals one year of education.
- Must have or qualify for a valid Oklahoma driving license and a good driving record.
- Must be physically capable of working occasionally in hot, cold, wet, cramped, noisy or dirty places.
- Full-time position. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule. Ability to work rotating shifts and be on call.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply online here
Please email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
It is Griffin's policy to comply with all aspects of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended, the Age Discrimination Act of 1987 as amended, the 1991 Americans with Disabilities Act as amended and other applicable legislation. Equal employment opportunity will be provided all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age or veteran status. Any individual who believes that his or her employment rights have been violated may file a charge of discrimination with EEOC.
All employees are required to provide documentation of employment eligibility to work in the United States. Please contact Human Resources for a list of acceptable documents.