KDLG-AM/FM General Manager
Posted on 2016-03-16
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
Live and work in beautiful Bristol Bay, the sockeye salmon capital of the world. KDLG is owned by the Dillingham City School District and serves southwest Alaska communities. Dillingham is a commercial fishing community with a population of 2500. It is accessible only by air about 300 miles SW of Anchorage. The town has a population that is fifty percent Alaska Native and is the hub for a number of Native villages in the region. The mountains lakes and rivers in the region make it one of the premier destinations for hunters, fishermen, and other outdoor enthusiasts.
Salary: Depends on experience.
Employment Terms: Dillingham City School District Policy
Approved By: Superintendent; Date 3/16/2016
Job Goal: To assure the smooth, efficient, and legal operation of all phases of Listener Supported Public Radio for Alaska’s Bristol Bay, KDLG.
- Manage KDLG Public Radio and abide by any and all school board policies and recommend policies and procedures which are necessary for the proper
operation of the station.
- Ensure KDLG's compliance with regulations of the Alaska Public Broadcasting Commission, rules and regulations of the Federal Communications Commission.
- Represent the school board to the public in a matters pertaining to KDLG.
- Represent the board as licensee of KDLG at meetings of the Alaska Public
Broadcasting Commission, all other such meetings as deemed necessary.
- Represent KDLG radio at Dillingham Board of Education meetings and
KDLG’s Community Advisory Board (The Friends of KDLG).
- Ensure all reports are prepared as required by the board and by state and federal agencies.
- Present to the board an annual budget for KDLG and ensure KDLG funds are properly accounted for through the school district's business office.
- Is responsible for the recruitment, placement, transfer, and dismissal of KDLG staff with approval of Superintendent.
- Delegate duties and responsibilities to employees in the KDLG staff and be responsible for all duties performed by the staff.
- Seek and obtain all funds for the operation, maintenance, and any capitalization of KDLG and ensure all required reporting is completed.
- Prepare station logs in advance of broadcasting times and in compliance with F.C.C. rules.
- Seek out and review programs for broadcast with suggestions from the public and from the Friends of KDLG.
- Arrange the scheduling and timing of news broadcasts with the News Director.
- Coordinate and supervise the training of new announcers and all staff to improve on-air sound.
- Teach the Broadcasting Course for students at the Dillingham City School District.
- High school diploma or equivalent and at least five years of broadcast management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A working knowledge of modern broadcast equipment, Windows Operating system and a basic understanding of modern web platforms.
- Demonstrated background in all aspects of radio station operations.
- Ability to work cooperatively with all school district staff members and the
- An employment history of promptness, dependability, and flexibility.
Reports to: Superintendent of Schools. Supervises: All KDLG staff and students.
HOW TO APPLY:
email email@example.com for employment application. Dillingham School District and KDLG-AM/FM are EOE.