On-Air Co Host/Show Producer
Posted on 2016-03-11
By KAAZ, KNRS, KODJ, KJMY, KZHT Total Traffic
Salt Lake City, UT
Morning Show Co-Host and Show Producer
- Performs news, talk, music, comedic or other format shows or program for broadcast entertainment.
- Establishes relationship with listeners by providing entertainment and/or information of interest consistent with format, genre, and targeted demographic audience.
- Interviews guests, moderates debates, converses with callers, and hosts live events.
- Adheres to all guidelines, policies and procedures of the station, iHeatMedia, the FCC and all other federal, state and local laws, including policies and procedures regarding indecency and obscenity.
- Prepares for an air shift using creativity, imagination and exercise of independent professional judgment in writing, producing, interviewing, taping or broadcasting on-air material.
- Ensures logged commercials, promotions and any other programming essential to the stations operation are aired.
- Maintains a website personality page.
- Participates in required station Programming, Promotions, and Sales staff meetings and events.
- Makes regular approved appearances at paid and non-paid station events; serves as ambassador for the radio station(s) when out in public.
- Executes only the interviews and events on air that are approved by Program Director; follows designated show format.
- Assists with voice over and production of paid and non-paid spots required to run on the station.
- Serves as primary creative voice and directs support staff of show.
- Researches and gains knowledge of subject matter that facilitates speaking extemporaneously and providing immediate non-scripted analysis/commentary.
- Finalizes content using digital audio editing software.
- Prepares written content, visual images, audio material and video footage for websites, blogs, or other social media platforms.
- Checks studio equipment for proper functioning and notifies Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast.
- Handles emergency inserts (e.g. news updates and breaking stories, emergencies, alert system tests, etc.); is on call for possible disasters, breaking news, or acts of nature.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking
- Proficient in media production and broadcast systems; familiar with NexGen, Vox Pro, and Pro Tools
- Strong knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations
- Socially informed and perceptive; up-to-date and in tune daily with the local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of topics/events related to on-air discussions
- Demonstrated upbeat personality, informative, entertaining and engaging on the air; able to relate to station audience
- Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
- Excellent verbal and written communication and editing skills; proficient in grammar; ability to make others feel comfortable and open up on air
- Demonstrated creativity and imagination
- Able to maintain composure when faced with difficult situations and personalities
- Can work well in a team environment; collaborative
- Able to adapt to changes in schedules and maintain composure in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines
- May require other language proficiency, e.g., Spanish
- 3+ years of on-air radio experience required
- Audio demo of on-air interviews, commentary, announcements, etc.
- 4-year college degree, preferably in Communications or Broadcast Journalism
- None required
HOW TO APPLY: