Morning Drive On-Air Personality/Music Director
Posted on 2016-03-09
By KGUN, KWBA, KQTH, KMXZ, KTGV, KFFN EW Scripps
KFFN, KMXZ, KQTH and KTGV, located in Tucson, Arizona, are radio stations owned by E.W. Scripps, a company rich in media history while staying focused on the future. We also have the unique ability to partner with our TV station partners, KGUN and KWBA within the same building. We are seeking a dynamic Morning Drive On-Air Personality/Music Director for our Rhythmic Adult Contemporary station KTGV, "106.3 The Groove". Along with hosting the morning show, the Music Director is responsible for maintaining connections with music industry representatives, creating and maintaining balanced playlists and building the station brand through strong community outreach and events.
- Deliver live and voice-tracked on-air performances as requested by station management.
- Ensure the station's sound aligns with the brand and strategy of the Rhythmic AC (Old School) music genre.
- Maintain content standards by operating within the guidelines of company and station policies and broadcasting standards.
- Maintain the music library; update and refresh as necessary.
- Be aware of upcoming events and musical acts performing in the community.
- Attend meetings with clients to discuss special events or projects.
- Attend frequent appearances, remote broadcasts and other events as necessary.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years on-air and/or radio programming experience.
- Strong verbal presentation skills
- Proficient at digital audio studio operation
- Proficient at digital content generation (social, web)
- Demonstrates ability and willingness to develop strong community ties with our local audience
- Understands the appeal of our Rhythmic Adult Contemporary format
- Must meet all driving eligibility standards and have a valid driver's license.
- Maintain the station's strategic focus in a competitive market.
- Ability to work under pressure with initiative and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to work unsupervised and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates great interpersonal skills; and ability to work with and learn from others on the team.
- Ability to mentor volunteers.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply today and join the Scripps Tucson Radio Team!