Posted on 2016-03-04
By WFXT Fox25 Cox Media Group
Reporting to the Director of News, the Anchor/Reporter will provide strong on-air presentation, communication and live reporting skills. The job also requires excellent reporting talents, highlighted by the ability to regularly break and enterprise significant, local stories. These seasoned journalists love to dig for extra information, love to be live in the field and expect to win. They should also be hungry to use new technology to present stories and be adept at using social media to gather and break stories.
- Anchors and Reports for station's newscasts
- Strong on-air and communication skills in Breaking News coverage
- Strong live presence in the field with a focus on performing active live shots
- Excels at breaking and enterprising significant, local stories
- Works with news producers and managers building the newscasts
- Writes stories for air and digital platforms
- Regularly posts content and engages with audiences on social media platforms
- Make public appearances, representing the station in community events
- Other duties may be assigned
- The successful candidates must be passionate about and engaging on all platforms.
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience as an Anchor/Reporter is required
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university in Journalism or Communications preferred.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Must be thoroughly professional in all aspects of journalism
- Must be well read on current affairs and have a wide-range working knowledge and understanding of general interest subjects
HOW TO APPLY:
View posting and submit Resume to: