Posted on 2016-03-04
By WYCQ Inc.
WYCQ Inc. is looking for an experienced radio sales manager to lead our team. Candidate will work with sellers and clients to create successful advertising campaigns utilizing all of the stations assets.
This is a fulltime position and immediate opening in our Nashville location. Health, vision, and dental insurance, paid vacation and a 401k retirement plan are offered.
WYCQ Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
If position is offered, candidate needs to be a leader within the organization and the community and follow all company guidelines as outlined in our employee handbook. Sales Manager will report to the General Manager.
Below are desired skill sets and job related tasks the applicants would be required to implement if the position is offered/accepted. This list isn’t ‘all inclusive’ and varies based on the company's priorities.
- Talent Recruiter - recruit and hire new sellers, building existing sales team to exceed stations' budgets
- Trainer - candidate will be an 'on the street manager' who leads by example, training and coaching sales staff of various levels
- Knowledge and understanding of all stations, their listeners' demographics and lifestyles
- Ability to sell 'over the air' as well as digital platforms, their benefits & uses
- Individual will work with multiple departments and department managers to help implement, initiate & educate on the various sales / promotional campaigns
- New business development is key
- Strong presentation and communication skills required
- Networking required
- Radio industry knowledge a strong plus but not required
- Candidate needs to be proficient in Microsoft Office products and capable of mastering new programs quickly
Previous sales management experience preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your resume to: email@example.com, subject line: Sales Manager or fax your resume with a cover letter to: 615-361-9873.