Posted on 2016-02-29
By WXKS-FM, WJMN-FM, WBWL-FM iHeart Media Boston
Traffic Anchor writes, prepares and reads traffic reports on traffic and transit conditions for radio and TV stations across New England.
- Focuses on providing timely and useful information to commuters planning their drives to and from work, as well as to those already en route by maintaining contact with external sources of information or by observing traffic cameras and monitoring scanners.
- Announces the latest accidents and traffic delays.
- Reads traffic reports, commercials and public service messages to listeners and helps to update the traffic database.
- Manages gathered information: keeps all the facts straight, makes sure details are accurate and current and tracks any changes.
- Maintains crucial deadlines in order to provide traffic updates in a timely fashion.
- May require flexibility in work schedules.
- May be embedded in a TV station.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, social networking platforms and audio production software
- Knowledgeable with local coverage area geography and roadways, mass transit and traffic patterns
- Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
- Adept at working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, “newsroom-like” collaborative environment
- Excellent writing and editing skills; proficient in grammar
- Strong attention to detail, following up until issues are resolved
- Understanding of police scanners a plus
Work Experience: 2+ years’ experience in on-air radio experience