Posted on 2016-02-24
By KTVX/KUCW Nexstar
Salt Lake City, UT
Do you have an accounting degree?... Do you know the difference between cash and accrual accounting?... Do you know the difference between GAAP and The Gap?..Do you have at least 3 yrs of G/L and financial statement experience?... Do you have the skills of an assistant controller?... Can you commit to a career opportunity that pays approx $50k, demands hard work, involves long hours and will test the limits of your skills and abilities?...
If you are still reading and want to know more, check us out at nexstar.tv... If you're still interested, send us your resume' plus three things you know about Nexstar and three reasons we should consider you for this position...
Here`s the gig: Senior Staff Accountant is based at KTVX ABC4 in Salt Lake City and supports a minimum of two television markets, most with more than one station in each market. Successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of accounting, financial reporting, budgeting and analysis, including: , journal entry preparation, and monthly close of general ledger; bank account and balance sheet reconciliations; budget vs actual variance analysis; and monthly/quarterly/annual reporting packages for management and external auditors.
- Performs all general ledger functions including journal entries, end of month closings, and balance sheet account reconciliations for assigned markets.
- Prepares and submits monthly/quarterly/annual reporting to Corporate.
- Maintains trade agreements, programming contracts, and other operational contracts used in calculating and tracking trade, cash/barter program amortization, and film payments.
- Prepares and analyzes quarterly Net Realizable Value (NRV) calculations and auditor worksheets.
- Reviews and approves invoices for the market ensuring proper account coding and approvals.
- Prepares Sales/Use Tax returns and miscellaneous external reports including broadcast reports.
- Calculates and prepares monthly sales representative commission statements. Submits commissions to payroll and miscellaneous pay items for taxable fringe benefits for fuel, vehicle, and clothing allowances.
- Communicates with the marketís General Managers and key contacts regarding accounting matters and is responsible for ensuring the timely processing of information.
- Participates in stationís department head meetings on a weekly basis.
- Participant in monthly collection meetings with the assigned stations and Accounts Receivable Analysts.
- Reviews and approves trade orders within billing/traffic system for the assigned markets. Ensures authorized trade agreements have been completed and that trade usage remains on the account prior to approving within OSi.
- Responsible for working closely with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable in the review and maintenance of the general ledger and related financial statements.
- Reviews, approves, and releases Accounts Payable batches prepared by the Accounts Payable Analyst.
- Assists the General Managers and Business Manager with completion and review of the annual budget process.
- Completes other assignments as requested by management such as maintenance of a consolidated Hub pacing report, Hub consolidated Accounts Receivable aging, and Hub Consolidated BCF summaries.
- Bachelorís degree in Accounting with minimum of 3 years accounting experience is preferred.
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills with ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Strong PC skills using MS Office, with emphasis on Excel expertise.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently with a high degree of personal initiative.
- Team player with exceptional oral & written communications skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The Staff Accountant must be able to sit, reach, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. Repetitive movements are required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply for job at: https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WE ARE NOT ABLE TO ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPTS OF APPLICATIONS. WE WILL CONTACT YOU IF YOUR APPLICATION IS CHOSEN