Director of Radio Marketing and Promotions
Posted on 2016-02-18
By KGUN, KWBA, KQTH, KMXZ, KTGV, KFFN EW Scripps
KFFN, KMXZ, KQTH and KTGV located in Tucson, Arizona are radio stations owned by E.W. Scripps, a company rich in media history while staying focused on the future. We also have the unique ability to partner with our TV station partners, KGUN and KWBA within the same building.
We are seeking a dynamic Director of Marketing and Promotions with strong business strategy, promotions and people leadership skills. This individual will be responsible for the strategic planning, creation and execution of revenue generating events for all four of our radio stations.
- Marketing, advertising, and promotional execution to fulfill the programming department's vision.
- Manage sales programs and promotions to drive revenue.
- Identify new opportunities for sales programs and station exposure to increase reach and revenue.
- Continually evaluate for ratings and revenue growth opportunities in all activities.
- Manage marketing budgets to minimize expense while maximizing value.
- Bridge the gap between digital strategy and traditional strategy.
- Perform competitor and market analysis as needed.
- Work closely with sales and clients to maximize event sales potential.
- Responsible for managing the creative, technical and logistical elements that help make events successful.
- Ability to propose business development opportunities for creation of new events to sales department & clients.
- Implement corporate and regional marketing plans as needed.
- Involvement of short and long term planning.
- Maintain positive working relationships with teams in all departments.
- Manage Promotions staff and encourage teamwork while providing coaching and training to all direct reports.
- Must be open-minded and flexible to creative thinking and ideas.
- Adhere to all E. W. Scripps and local company policies, procedures and compliance.
- Manage all graphics for station events and campaigns.
- Manage all contest inventory.
- Develop and maintain community & media partnerships to augment station branding.
- Minimum of 3 years of proven marketing/promotion/event planning or any relevant combination of experience/education
- Preferred experience in radio promotions but not a requirement
- Degree in Marketing preferred but not required
- Must work well in stressful situations while meeting pressure of multiple daily deadlines.
- Ability to interpret and apply the principles of effective marketing strategies
- Ability to foster strong working relationships through customer service to internal/external partners.
- Strong leadership and ability to drive the strategy of the marketing/promotions department.
- Possess a keen interest and understanding in technology and social media trends as applicable to marketing.
- Possess the ability to conceive, produce, implement and measure research based strategic marketing plans.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and problem solving abilities.
- Individual must be able to exercise sound judgment and be very detail oriented.
- Knowledge of marketing principles.
- Knowledge of record label processes and contract negotiations.
- Knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations
We offer the following benefits:
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Short/Long Term Disability, Opportunities to grow, Wellness Program & more!
Apply today and join the Scripps Tucson Radio Team!
HOW TO APPLY: